Theatre has moved this year's summer productions indoors to their Gilbert Street location. They will present an intriguing adaptation of Edmond Rostand's Cyrano de Bergerac entitled simply Cyrano.
Five actors present the story of love-stricken soldier/poet Cyrano, and his romantic challenges stemming from his large nose. The cast includes Steven Marzolf, returning from Arkansas to play Cyrano, New York-based actor Kelly Gibson as Roxanne, and Chicago actor Ron King as Christian. Rounding out the cast is veteran actor Tim Budd, and Felipe Carrasco (who will write and perform live music for the show). Cyrano, adapted by Jo Roets and directed by Jody Hovland, is family friendly.
Performance Days for Cyrano:
- Wednesdays and Thursdays at 7 pm
- Fridays and Saturdays at 8 pm (except July 4, show will be at 3 pm)
- Sundays at 3 pm (except July 12, show will be at 6 pm)
*The closing performance will be at Harvest Preserve, 3106 Rochester Ave #1, Iowa City, IA 52245
**On Cyrano family nights, up to 2 adults attending the show with a youth (18 and under) receive their tickets at the Youth price.
In addition to Cyrano, Riverside is presenting the modern classic Love Letters with different pairs of actors for the performances. This intriguing play tells the story of the romance between characters Melissa Gardner and Andrew Makepeace Ladd III through a series of letters, from childhood through their adult life. It is directed by Ron Clark.
The Love Letters actor pairings will be:
- Sunday, June 21, 3:00pm – Maggie Conroy and David Q. Combs
- Tuesday, June 23, 7:00 pm – Saffron Henke and; Patrick DuLaney
- Tuesday, June 30, 7:00 pm – Jody Hovland and Ron Clark
- Tuesday, July 7, 7:00 pm – Jody Hovland and Ron Clark