Iowa City - Local action theatre company Rage Theatrics is now accepting submissions for their next showcase of action theatre scenes. Playwrights and directors are invited to submit scripts and/or scene proposals by July 15, 2011 for consideration. Scenes should be no longer than 20 minutes in length, and feature stage combat/action. Submissions should be emailed (preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Submissions, 1310 Yewell Street, Iowa City, IA 52240.
Directors who are interested in this production but who do not have a proposal may request to be paired with an existing project. This is an excellent opportunity for directors to work closely with experienced fight choreographers. Contact Producer Josh Beadle at 319-621-0024 or email@example.com for more information.
This production will be similar in format to past Rage Theatrics shows - including Love and Rage in 2007 and Hero Stories in 2008 - featuring scenes coordinated by several directors from throughout the Iowa City/Coralville area. The show will be presented October, 2011.
SCENE SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
1. Proposals should be submitted by July 15 and include the proposed script, or a detailed proposal of an action-based theatrical piece.
2. Scenes should last no more than twenty minutes in performance.
3. Scenes should contain elements of ACTION THEATRE. (This can be defined as fighting or violence, chase scenes, stunt work, slapstick, or any combination of similar elements.)
4. Proposed projects should be original OR fall within the public domain.
5. Preference will be given to projects with few or minimal technical requirements (set pieces, props, costumes, lighting, etc.)
6. Submissions should be appropriate for a show taking place near Halloween. Themes may include horror, suspense, monsters, etc. Both humorous and dramatic submissions are welcome.
Although submissions that diverge from these guidelines will be considered, preference will be given to projects that meet these requirements.
Rage Theatrics will provide a fight choreographer and training for approved projects.
Selections will be announced in early August. Auditions will take place later that month. Rehearsals will take place throughout September and October.