Last year’s “Writers Joust” winning play, Tom Deiker’s Innocence, was produced to much acclaim.
Winner receives a $100 cash prize and a full production of his or her play July 13 – 21, 2012. Runners up will also receive full productions of their plays at that time. The deadline is November 1, 2011.
- Writers must currently live in Iowa or have a strong connection to the state.
- Keep the set and production value simple.
- Play run times should be a minimum of 30 minutes and maximum of 60 minutes.
- Play cannot have been performed (except for readings) or published.
- Manuscripts should be 12 font, double spaced, 1 inch margins.
- Include a cover sheet with: Name, email, phone, title of play, brief statement of how your play fits the season theme, and a character breakdown.
- Do not include your name on the script itself – only on the cover sheet. We judge scripts anonymously.
- Mail submissions to Dreamwell Theatre, Writers Skirmish, PO Box 2903, Iowa City IA 52244
- Manuscripts will not be returned.
- Entry must be postmarked November 1, 2011.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.