The cast for the show is:
- Mike Anderson (FROST) is making his debut at WCP. He is a reporter with the Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier. He is originally from the Evanston, Illinois area. He was very active in theatre during high school and lept at the chance to perform in this production.
- Thomas Carlisle (NIXON) is a retired professor from UNI. Tom and his wife Jean own the lla lla lland Llama Ranch near Janesville. He has appeared onstage in over 100 roles for various theatres. This will be his debut for the Waterloo Community Playhouse.
- Gary Baumgartner (JIM RESTON) is thrilled to return to WCP after a long absence. “Bum”, as he is frequently hailed, and his wife Donna are owners/operators of Viewpoint Adventures Safaris. They are also the chairpeople of the Positive Outlook Association Foundation which raises funds to support a school in Africa.
- Joel Zummak (JOHN BIRT) likes to travel frequently to both the Minneapolis and St. Louis areas. He is the youngest of five children. Joel is a data entry clerk at Ocwen Loan Processing in Waterloo.
- Scott Schuster (IRVING LAZAR/MIKE WALLACE) is the new Technical Director/Production Manager at Waterloo Community Playhouse/Black Hawk Children’s Theatre. His favorite role of all time was as Ichabod Crane in a National touring production of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. He previously worked as Designer with the Edge Theatre in Denver, Colorado.
- Andrea Morris (CAROLINE CUSHING/EVONNE GOOLAGONG) works as a facilitator with the local Girl Scout office. She received her BA in Theatre Performance from UNI. She interned at the Bay Street Theatre in Sag Harbor, New York during the summer of 2012.
- Chris Hansen (BOB ZELNICK) is beginning his 34th season with the Waterloo Community Playhouse/Black Hawk Children’s Theatre. Chris is a former CNA and currently works at Kohl’s. Some of his previous roles at WCP include Ruckley in One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest and Ellard in The Foreigner.
- Anthony Covington(JAMES BRENNAN) has appeared in 5 other productions at WCP/BHCT. He has also served as an Assistant Stage Manager on 7 other shows. Tony serves on the Hope Haven Consumer Advisory Board.
The Waterloo Community Playhouse is working with representatives of both the Republican and Democratic parties to have a voter registration site during the production.
Performance dates and times are January 23, 24, 29 & 30 at 7 pm; January 25 at 2 pm. Tickets for the performance are available online at www.wcpbhct.org or by calling 319.235.0367. The box office will open for public sales on January 15th. Box office hours are Tuesday-Friday from 1-6 pm. The box office is located inside the Waterloo Center for the Arts and can be reach at 319.291.4494. #EngageWithWCP
Source: WCP Press Release